Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's gonna be a really fun time at the ol homestead this summer. Just got back from a "neighborhood" meeting across the street. The houses just north and to the east of me flood really bad when it rains alot so the city is putting in new drainage tile, etc. Yea, I get to pay for that. Not as bad as I was expecting tho. That's a good thing. They are assessing it more for people who need it the most. I just happen to be living on the road the tile is scheduled to go down. So, in a couple months i'm gonna get my front yard dug up. Yea. Shoulda waited on that new mailbox i guess. Hope they don't kill the only tree on my property. I'll have to either leave the ac on all summer or dust every day. Cats are gonna freek.
Been kinda down lately. Need a bit o cheering up. Thinking i was gonna get a little back on my income tax, I went ahead and booked a vacation for the summer. Non-refundable trip i may add. Tentatively did my taxes last night using TurboTax, SHIT...I gotta PAY again. I thought you got tax breaks when you buy a house? I can't remember the last time I actually got money back from my taxes. Honestly I bet its been 20 years. Never have i got money back from the state. fuckers... Guess the deck and fence are gonna have to wait till next year.
I'd like to some day break even. Hell with getting ahead. that ain't gonna happen. Yea, breaking even would be a positive. I'm goin to bed now.
tootles

No comments: