Saturday, April 08, 2006

pro·cras·ti·nate
Pronunciation: pr&-'kras-t&-"nAt, prO-
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -nat·ed; -nat·ing
Etymology: Latin procrastinatus, past participle of procrastinare, from pro- forward + crastinus of tomorrow, from cras tomorrowtransitive senses : to put off intentionally and habituallyintransitive senses : to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done

Thank you Miriam-Webster

Saturday morning. I'm still sleepy. Laundry is building. Litter box is stinky. I don't feel like doin anything this morning. I haven't cleaned my house in a month...GASP! It truly needs it. I just don't feel like doing it. I can't even decide what kind of music to load on the cd player. It's gonna be one of those days I can just tell right now. The sun is suppose to come out today. That's a good thing. But it's only suppose to be like 50 and windy. Ahhhhh....Illinois in the spring.

I got an email earlier in the week from a high school classmate. My 25th class reunion is scheduled for this summer. There were 81 (83 if you include 2 dropouts from the class of 79 that came back) in the GCHS Class of 1981. Scholastically I was probably #65 out of the 81. I was there only because I didn't know any better. That's just what you did. Ya went to school. Study, what the heck is that? OH..something I needed to do from time to time to remain eligible for tennis/volleyball/basketball. I still have a few very close friends from high school. Just wish I could do it all over again with the wisdom that I have now. Most people beleive that I think. When I got that email I was all worried about losing weight and all that shit people think they need to do to impress classmates at reunions. BUT, after about 4 hours of dieting I decided to screw that. I'm not gonna be the only fat one there. At least I still have all my hair.

The can of Plege is staring at me.....

So this reunion is 4 days after I get back from vacation. Yes, I said the "V" word. VACATION. I am taking one this summer. It's only been 6 years since I have. I don't include my drive to Arizona for work. Because that's all I did, drive. 6 days of it. drive... So this vacation I'm going to California. Never been to California. Been within 3 miles of it when I drove to Nevada/Arizona. Going to San Francisco to do Alcatraz and the redwoods. We'll see what else comes up. I haven't told my parents yet. I'll wait another month or so I think. It'll just give Verona more to worry about.

Boo Boo just took a big dump in the litter box. That smell is tickling my other sense....

I believe I'm in a Terri Clark mood. Think I'll load the cd player up with a couple of those. I need some countrification. I'ts 5 till 10 and I still haven't seen the sun that was promised today. If Mr. Roberts was still alive I'd kick his ass.

My dryer is buzzing. Load 1 is done. Since it is almost 10, maybe I should do something. I can actually be done in 2 hours if I want to. Just don't want to..... The sun isn't out. No inspiration coming from outside.

Ok, geesh. Shadow is pawing at me, dryer is buzzing, litter box is stinking, Pledge is staring. I better go.

Tootles

oh yea....Aunt Margaret is taking the family to the Beef House tomorrow!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!
STEAK!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thought you were taking your vacation to boston????

meliss

Jules said...

I live this posting ...