Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow day

Damn it's been freakin cold outside the past couple weeks. We've all been spoiled around here cause it really hasn't been that bad. Global warming I guess. But Mother Nature has a way of slapping us in the face and saying "PSYCH"! 6am this morning I'm trying to dig myself out of the driveway to go over to a friends and dig myself into her driveway to let the dog out for her and take her to doc. Takes me an hour to get out of mine. By the time I get to the end of the driveway it had almost blown shut again. This with only 7 inches of snow. I go over to friends, spend an hour over there digging and find out the doctor's appt cancelled. Lovely. So what else do ya do during a blizzard? Go drive around town of course! Streets in Urbana weren't too bad but once ya passed Wright street and get into Champaign my car was freakin bottoming out in the snow. Almost lost it once. Fun shit tho. Drive by my house a couple times to scope out the drifts. 1st time by was bad. 45 minutes later i drive by. Freakin nasty! I drop friend back home, take the dog out 1 more time and head home. Can't get in driveway so i park across the street. the drifts were 3 feet tall. Shit. Took me over an hour this time and that with help from the neighbor that disappeared before I got to thank him. So neighbor of mine to the east...THANKS! Got in the house and called 2nd job to tell them i wasn't coming in and i've been here since. I love to hibernate in the house over the weekends but i have an option to leave if i want to. Today drove me crazy! Bored! So i looked outside around 6 tonight. My drive is covered by 1 solid 4 foot deep drift starting at the street and ending at the windshield wipers of my car. The hood of my car is not visible. This is not a good thing when i need to get to work by 6am tomorrow. Today was the first snow day i've had since the Valentine's Day ice storm of 1990. 'course i'll have to take a vacation day inorder to get paid for it. Only got 1/2 day vacation left now. Might have to work on Saturday. that sucks

No comments: